Built by the American Locomotive Company (Alco) the low-hood S-2 was
introduced in 1940 to replace Alco’s earlier high-hood switchers. The 1000
horsepower S-2 was a turbocharged version of the S-1. There were 1,502 S-2s
sold to North American Railroads. The versatility of the S-2s was evidenced by
their service on mainline, shortline and industrial railroads.
· Scaled from actual prototype measurements
· Option for horizontal or vertical radiator shutters
· Fine scale handrails
· Separately applied coupler cut levers, air hoses, piping, etc.
· Directional LED lighting (includes cab rear headlight)
· Die-cast hood & chassis for improved pulling performance
· Digital-ready chassis
· Dual flywheels for maximum performance at all speeds
· Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
· Exceptional painting and printing
Atlas Master® Gold version features ESU LokSound Decoder
DCC Operation Features :
· Supports all DCC-programming modes
· Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
· A total of 4 DCC function outputs are available
· Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Sound Functionality Features (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
- Over 20 sound effects are available,
including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all
eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.
MSRP $249.95 NYCSHS Member Price $199.96 and that is 20% off MSRP.
Shipping is extra and Ohio residents pay 8% Ohio Sales Tax.