Built by the American Locomotive Company (Alco) the low-hood S-2 was
introduced in 1940 to replace Alco’s earlier high-hood switchers. The 1000
horsepower S-2 was a turbocharged version of the S-1. There were 1,502 S-2s
sold to North American Railroads. The versatility of the S-2s was evidenced by
their service on mainline, shortline and industrial railroads.
· Scaled from actual prototype measurements
· Option for horizontal or vertical radiator shutters
· Fine scale handrails
· Separately applied coupler cut levers, air hoses, piping, etc.
· Directional LED lighting (includes cab rear headlight)
· Die-cast hood & chassis for improved pulling performance
· Digital-ready chassis
· Dual flywheels for maximum performance at all speeds
· Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
· Exceptional painting and printing
MSRP $139.95 NYCSHS Member Price $111.96 and that is 20% off MSRP.
Shipping is extra and Ohio residents pay 8% Ohio Sales Tax.