American Models S-scale NYC ALCo RS-11
Companies RS-11 were produced from 1956 to 1961 and was the replacement
for the RS-3 road switcher. This engine featured a V-12 turbocharged
engine of 1800 HP and was the answer to EMDs GP9 engines. The RS-11 was
rated with a higher tractive effort and used less fuel. Favored by
modelers with its distinctive "chiseled" number boards. ALCO
manufactured 425 of these road engines.
ALCO RS-11 Locomotive features:
- Finely cut fans, louvers and other details.
- Heavy die-cast frame with headlight assembly.
- Steel wheels, operating coupler and a three position electronic reverse unit on all AC hi-rail versions.
- New windows and headlight lenses included.
- LED front headlights.
- All wheels powered. Dual units are both powered.
- Gription® traction wheels standard.
- A flywheel drive system with sprung bearings for better tracking on the rails.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Models are tested and shipped ready to run, all railings, fans, louvers, windows and headlight lenses are installed.
Note: RS-11s were
painted in solid black with larger lettering and mostly Cigar Band logos. The only ones painted in Lightning Stripes
were road #s 8009- 8014 that were not delivered to the NYC and eventually sold
to the Delaware & Hudson.
Order Now for Immediate Delivery!!