Bachmann HO-Scale 50' NYC Express Reefer
Bachmann#75702 Road# 6090
Refrigerated rail transportation revolutionized the North American produce industry in the early 20th century, allowing fresh commodities from the west to be sold for the first time in the east, and vice-versa. To expedite the delivery of these time-sensitive goods, railroads attached specially designed Express Reefers to their priority passenger trains. One or more of these cars could usually be found at the head end of the consist, in front of the baggage and passenger cars. Using trucks designed for passenger speeds, this practice allowed the produce on board to arrive at its destination much faster than it would on a standard freight train.
- Silver Series® rolling stock – fully assembled
- highly detailed painted bodies with precision graphics
- prototypical details including roof walks, ladders, hatches, and brake wheel
- blackened, machined-metal wheels with RP25 contours
- body-mounted E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
- non-magnetic, blackened-brass axles with needlepoint bearings
- Celcon® trucks
- added weight for optimum tracking performance
- HO Scale 1:87
MSRP $45.00 NYCSHS Member Price $36.00 and that is 20% off MSRP.
Shipping is extra and Ohio residents pay 8% Ohio Sales Tax.