Rapido N-Scale NYC Budd RDC-1 Ph1 DC/DCC Ready
Built by the Budd Company of Philadelphia in their hundreds between the late 1940s and early 1960s, the single-car RDC (Rail Diesel Car) fleet was ubiquitous on passenger service throughout Canada and the
United States on any routes that could not justify loco-hauled operation. The 85ft long vehicles, which were powered by a pair of Detroit Diesel Series 110 engines, could be employed in single formation or
coupled together with other examples - all controlled from the lead RDC cab.
In the United States, the Boston & Maine was the principle user of these single-car units, but they were also an important part of the rural lines and short-haul commuter passenger fleet of other railroad companies, including the Santa Fe, B&O, New Haven, NP, NYC, Reading, SP, and many others. Many later went on to Amtrak and various commuter agencies such as the Metro-North among others. RDCs can still be found in small numbers on scenic lines in both countries, as well as some rare regular services.
The Rapido N scale RDC is designed from the ground up based on the success of our HO scale version, as well as feedback from the N scale community on what they look for in a model. These units feature a hidden drive system and exceptional interior detailing, allowing for maximum performance and realism.
For the inaugural release, the all-coach RDC-1 will be available in both Phase 1 and Phase 2 body styles(as appropriate).
- Designed from original blueprints and field measurements
- Accurate Phase 1 and Phase 2 body details
- Both fabricated and cast trucks, as appropriate
- Single-motor, all-wheel drive for unparalleled reliability
- All-wheel electrical pickup
- Directional headlights and red marker lights
- Flicker-free interior lighting
- Tinted windows and fully detailed interiors
- DC/Silent (DCC Ready)
- Factory-installed couplers mounted at the correct height
- Operating Headlights
Pre-Orders by 3-15-24
MSRP $149.95 NYCSHS Members' Price $127.46 and that is 15% off MSRP!
Shipping is extra and Ohio residents add Ohio Sales Tax